|Job title :||Buyer - Senior Buyer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Start date :||as agreed|
|Job Reference :||SYN2784_1658224014|
|Contact name :||Alan Littlewood|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Buyer - Senior Buyer
Hours: 40 per week (8am - 4:30pm)
Overall Package includes - Production bonus + pension + BUPA + 24 days holiday (+ BH) ++
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Buyer to join a world-renowned Manufacturing client based in Woking. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing various suppliers and to optimise service levels across the business and improve the procurement strategy.
Buyer -Senior Buyer responsibilities:
· Manage multiple direct categories including Electrical Components & Electronics.
· Refinement of Supplier Performance metrics/KPIs and quality monitoring to reduce risk.
· Translate manufacturing forecasts into supplier forecasts, leverage savings based on economies of scale and maintain inventory levels to enable efficient manufacturing.
· Ownership and project management of the tender process including use of RFI/RFP ensuring presentation of recommended outcomes to senior management for approval.
· Develop an internal statement of work/requirements and supplier expectations including anticipated measurement of supplier success.
· Provide strategic sourcing of inventory parts including new supplier introduction, re-shoring of Asia sourced goods where appropriate, collaborate with internal stakeholders and agree a supplier list for new product items and changes to existing products.
· Extensive experience of buying in the electronics/electric sector is essential.
· Electrical Engineering qualification where a degree or equivalent is preferred.
· CIPS level 4 qualification or equivalent experience.
· Has built strong, long-term supplier relationships that have resulted in cost savings, improved service levels, lower inventory levels and / or reduced risk to the supply chain.
· Excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
· Able to create sound business justifications for new spends, carry out financial modelling of quotations to assess impact on cash flow and inventory levels.
· Excellent communication and strong presentation skills.
· Able to create clear and concise written Supply and Supplier agreements.
· Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building.
· Highly organised and able to multi-task, prioritise and manage a diverse workload.
A modern, high technology manufacturing business with their own product range and a state-of-the art engineering facility.
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch