|Job title :||Calibration Inspector|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Gerrards Cross|
|Salary :||£25000 - £29000 per annum + plus excellent benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2592_1634914406|
|Contact name :||Nick Biddle|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Salary: Up to £29k doe
Overtime paid at time and a half
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Excellent pension scheme
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Gerrards Cross, Middlesex
We have an immediate opportunity for a Calibration technician to perform the calibration of measuring equipment and associated tools with this high profile aerospace manufacturing business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting and recalling equipment due for calibration.
- Calibration of equipment.
- Resolution of outstanding calibration and failing equipment.
- Update of relevant process documents including update to calibration register, calibration methods, criteria and frequencies.
- Where possible, prevent production down time due to calibration.
- Reporting on department's performance and supporting team to improve this.
- Dealing with equipment and calibration suppliers.
The Ideal candidate will have the following skills and technical experience:
- Use of a variety of precision inspection tools both digital and analogue scale
- Read and understand engineering drawings
- Strong numeracy and geometry skills
- Calibration of precision measuring equipment and gauges.
- Working knowledge of geometrical dimensional tolerances would be beneficial
- Detail Inspection experience
- General working knowledge of manufacturing and engineering
- Computer literate.
- Basic grounding in health and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of calibration best practices
- An Aerospace / Defense background would be desirable
You must have unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the UK
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.