|Job title :
|Commercial Manager-Rail Systems
|Contract type :
|Up to £80000.00 per annum + bonus and car allowance
|Start date :
|Job Reference :
|Contact name :
|Contact email :
Commercial Manager-Rail Systems
Salary: £80K +bonus
Location: Watford (hybrid)
Job Type: Full-Time
Here at Syntech Recruitment, we are currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Quantity Surveyor to join our client's Rail Systems division within their reputable and well established Infrastructure Services Company.
About the role:
This role estimates quantities, costs, the value of work, project timelines, change control and application for payment from the pre-contract stage progressing to managing and monitoring those aspects during the contract period, and final accounting them in the post contract period. To achieve this, the role develops and manages customer, sub-contractor and supplier relationships and assists with deploying resources and managing the works when needed. The scope of this role is generally to provide quantity surveying services to our rail systems business stream; however some other contingent labour contracts may require services due to either their complexity or because of the need to maintain a quantity surveying relationship with our customer within the administration of our account.
This role is at the core of the revenue and profit generating activities of the business within the rail systems business stream. The Commercial Manager creates the potential for Net Fee Income within the estimates and, through cost and value management, ensures that forecast Net Fee Income is reached or exceeded. Effective Quantity Surveyors can have a positive impact on divisional profitability and corresponding personal salary and bonus levels.
Commercial Manager Responsibilities:
- Estimating quantities, costs, the value of work and project timelines
- Managing and monitoring during the contract period
- Final accounting
- Develop and manage customer, sub-contractor and supplier relationships
- Deploying resources and managing the works when needed
*Mobile: This role is mobile and so some of the main responsibilities could be carried out at our own locations, customer locations or in other locations e.g. our clients works sites. You will have a car allowance, to allow you to fulfil your mobile obligations. When visiting customer locations, you will be expected to follow the customer's local health and safety procedures and site rules and may need to go through their induction.
Commercial Manager Qualifications and Experience:
- A quantity surveying qualification, Membership of a relevant professional body
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
- ICT literate with accurate keyboard skills
- Previous quantity surveying experience
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Organisational and planning skills
- Experience of relevant market sector
- Experience of a customer focused role
- Demonstrable ability to develop business relationships
How to Apply:
If you are a Quantity Surveyor, have the relevant experience and are ready to contribute to our client's dynamic team we encourage you to apply.
For any additional information get in touch.