|Job title :
|Contract type :
|£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
|Start date :
|Job Reference :
|Contact name :
|Contact email :
Location: Based close to Didcot, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full-Time
Here at Syntech Recruitment, we are currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Configuration Manager to join our our client's innovative Design and Manufacturing business based close to Didcot, Oxfordshire.
Working across our Engineering, Product Assurance, Quality and Manufacturing teams this role will be responsible for reviewing, developing and delivering configuration management processes and procedures along with ensuring up to date documentation control contributing to the overall success of our business programmes.
Configuration Manager Responsibilities
* Own Configuration Management (CM) function across the business ensuring quality and integrity of all related data.
* Manage and administrate SolidWorks PDM database - update required access, workflows, and all PDM functionalities as needed, to adapt to business requirements.
* Manage and administrate documentation control software and ensure alignment with business needs.
* Own the change and configuration process, providing training and expertise across the business as needed.
* Ensure configuration and change management processes are followed and ensure consistent and comprehensive CM is maintained through all projects and business functions.
* Maintain configuration of MRP system and ensure accurate traceability records are filed.
* Ensure accurate and timely configuration and identification of hardware at all levels.
* Manage the day to day activities of CM process including filing, releasing, and controlling documents, CAD data, drawings and hardware.
* Build and develop strong working relationships, working collaboratively with many key stakeholders.
* Train new starter on CM process.
* Grow CM knowledge and expertise throughout OSS.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* Significant Configuration Management experience within the Space, Aerospace, or another highly regulated Engineering Manufacturing industry. Past performance of leading Configuration Management activities on engineering programmes.
* Ability to problem solve, define best practice, and build Configuration Management effectiveness to successfully control product data across multiple projects, through development and production phases.
* Appreciation of product life cycle management processes and tools to provide efficient and controlled documentation and change management of product data.
* Collaborative approach with experience in the sharing and delivery of knowledge, information, and best practice.
* Ability to administrate complex IT systems and software
* Self-motivated to meet objectives within defined timescales.
* Excellent organisational & prioritisation skills. * Demonstrate a common sense/pragmatic and logical approach to problem-solving - ability to find simple solutions to complex problems.
* Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task.
* Ability to train and promote new processes to the wider OSS team.
* Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or newer.
* Proficient in the use of a PDM system, preferably Soildworks professional with demonstrated experience.
* Knowledge of ECSS configuration standards ECSS-M-ST-40C
How to Apply
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch.