|Job title :||Design Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Finchampstead, Berkshire|
|Salary :||£0.00 - £42000 per annum + pension - BUPA + BONUS + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2149B_1575472017|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- 25 days holiday + BH
- 6% pension
- Bonus scheme
- BUPA private medical
We currently have a superb opportunity for an experienced Senior CAD Engineer, working for our client who serve into the aviation aftermarket industry. The successful Senior CAD Engineer will have a background in Pneumatics, Test rig's and have a thorough understanding of Through life support. We need candidates with demonstrable experience with Inventor.
- To generate concept designs for new projects.
- Design of prototypes, test and development.
- Manage/ Mentor a team of 4 design and production engineering staff
- Provide support and input to design reviews, to assist in lessons learned / design improvement activities with the design department.
- Liaise with the manufacturing team, suppliers and customers to effect timely creation of designs.
- Work from limited documentation, written or oral instructions, schematics, rough drawing, diagrams, layouts and plans.
- Provide technical assistance, including mentorship of apprentices and junior engineers in mechanical design engineering, in particular in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and drawing standards.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Produce engineering reports detailing technical work carried out and maintain design/project files in accordance with company approvals (AS9100 Revision C & BS EN ISO 9001, EASA 21.602(B)(b)(2) ETSO)
- To maintain the engineering data stored on the company MRP system, part masters and Bills Of Materials (BOMs).
- Maintain project files and engineering data, ensure that only approved data is accessible to production.
- Ensure that configuration control of engineering data and products are maintained.
- Plan all projects thoroughly to ensure deadlines are met.
· Experience of working in an engineering design office
· High degree of competency in the use of CAD (Inventor)
· Technical or engineering experience in the design of new
· products and through life support
· Good knowledge of engineering processes and principles.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Up to £42k