|Job title :||Dev Ops Engineer|
|Contract type :||Contract|
|Location :||City of London|
|Salary :||To £550 p/d|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Duration :||3 MONTHS|
|Job Reference :||SYN2091|
|Contact name :||stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Dev Ops Engineer
• £550 per day
• Immediate start
• On-going contract
Clearance: Central Government Higher Clearance DV Level (not MOD issued)
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to provide an operational data platform for a key client within our clients Defence and Intelligence portfolio. The role offers fantastic opportunities to gain experience and technical expertise across a wide range of leading edge and bespoke technologies within a high-tempo operational environment. Team members must be pro-active, dependable and able to take ownership of tasks.
* Incident response to ensure availability of operational services
* Pro-actively maintain and improve the performance of the platform and hosted applications
* Deployment, configuration and testing of software onto the platform
* Identification of improvements and resolution of performance anomalies and system issues
* Carry out routine system administrative tasks such as patching
* Production of Design documents, including Requests for Change (RFC) and Work Instructions (WI)
* 12 months minimum experience as a Linux and/or Windows System Administrator
* Strong familiarity with the core tools such as the ATLASSIAN suite, SSH, CMD or Powershell
* Able to write scripts using Python, Bash, DOS or powershell
* Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance related defects
* A passion for learning new technologies and innovation
* Scripting - SQL, Python, Bash, DOS, Powershell
* Databases - Oracle, MySQL, Postgres
* Experience of Hadoop or distributed computation
* Experience of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible)
* Experience of security protocols such as PKI, TLS etc.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this position.