|Job title :||Equipment Maintenance Technician|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2351_1605791743|
|Contact name :||Zac Pyne|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Aircraft Equipment Maintenance Technician
25 days plus public holidays
Early finish Fridays
This position is responsible for performing modifications, retrofit activity, corrective action, overhaul, repair and maintenance activity to complex Aircraft safety equipment. To assist the Customer Defects Team in testing, disassembling and assembling returned defective equipment as required by the defect QA Engineer. Conducting stage and final inspection on equipment in accordance with Technical Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures and Acceptance Test Procedures
We are looking for candidates with strong Mechanical / Engineering skills (NOT electrical) from an Aviation / Automotive background and a proven history of fitting & Inspection.
Technical skills required:
- Solid numeracy and geometry skills
- Experience of using Inspection Tools and Equipment
- Working knowledge of GDT (geometrical dimensional tolerancing)
- Experience of using hand tools
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Capable of explaining technical terms and processes
- Engineering apprenticeship preferred
- HNC/Btech/NVQ level 2-3 in mechanical / aerospace engineering or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control).
- Experienced in the maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft components.
- General work background in manufacturing / engineering
- Basic grounding in H&S policies and procedures, and COSHH
- Inspection experience highly desirable
- Aerospace background desirable
- Global leader in Aviation safety products
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.