|Job title :||Facilities Project Manager|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Uxbridge, London|
|Salary :||£32000 - £43000 per annum + plus excellent benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN1987_1583407152|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Facilities Project Manager
- Aerospace /Defence business
- Salary range 32 to 43K depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, upto 5 days holiday buy back, 3% yearly bonus plus flexi benefits
- 35 hours per week
- Industry leading pension
To manage and coordinate the day-to-day internal moves of small-to-medium Fabric and M&E projects (capital plant replacement / office refurbishment, calibration, assembly and environmental test facilities) within the Facilities Team.
Taking projects from inception through to completion - Including liaising with internal stakeholders, generation of project specifications and contract documentation, oversight of tender process, monitor and inspect construction work, record progress, carry out handover procedures, and ensure compliance with contract documents, construction regulations and best practice.
**Candidates with a background in Aerospace, Defence, Manufacturing or Electronics will be at a distinct advantage**
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Support the Facilities Manager in successful internal movements of departments.
- To coordinate, supervise and deliver Facilities projects from inception through to completion.
- Day-to-day management of multiple projects (Internal moves) on live / operational sites.
- Establish and communicate project feasibility, critical timescale and budget information.
- Establish design brief / project specifications / scope of works.
- Request, collate and distribute all contractual documentation required.
- Assisting the delivery of projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/ project brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Assist with selection, management and administration of appropriate building contracts (JCT / NEC etc.).
- Administration and oversight of project tender and contractor selection process.
- Administration and oversight of CDM Regulations, Planning and Building Regulations - and related compliance requirements.
- Liaising with external stakeholders including, engineers, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinate meetings with MBA internal stakeholders, design team, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all projects.
Solid understanding of construction defence or aerospace technology facilities (M&E building services and new techniques)
Applicants will have 3-5 years' experience in an Construction / Building Services Project Management (defence or aerospace) position.
Good understanding and working knowledge of the JCT / NEC forms of Contract
Good understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements
HND/Degree in Construction Project Management, Building Services or related subject.
Working towards (at appropriate level) MRICS / MCIOB / MCIBSE / /MAPM or equivalent verifiable work based experience and training
Security Clearance (to MoD Secret Level) is a critical requirement of this role therefore applicants will need to have a British Passport or residency (5+ years) to be considered for this role. Current or previous Security Clearance (to MoD Secret Level) will be an advantage.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.