|Job title :||Global Head of Procurement|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£70000.00 - £80000 per annum + bonus + pension + 25 days holiday )|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2672_1642175611|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Global Head of Procurement
Location: Woking, Surrey
Salary: Up to £80k DOE
Hours: 40 per week (8am - 4:30pm)
Overall Package includes - bonus + pension + 25 days holiday (+ BH) + private medical
An opportunity has arisen for an exceptionally experienced strategic thinking Purchasing professional to oversee the purchasing, sourcing (globally) and tendering activities across the whole group (sites in Europe, Asia and the US). Working with senior stakeholders (including Board of Directors) the successful person will need to have an excellent ability to communicate and influence said stakeholders.
- To develop and drive the Group's supply chain and inventory strategy to ensure parts availability, whilst improving quality, cost, customer service and lead times on the supply chain.
- To streamline and improve inventory efficiencies of intercompany trading and stockholding.
- To rationalise and lead the Indirect Procurement/Facilities Categories across the group increasing both savings and value.
- To provide Supply Chain vision, direction and leadership to the management and staff.
- To monitor supplier performance, contractual obligations and conduct audits, where necessary.
- To negotiate contracts with new and existing global suppliers.
- To ensure appropriate purchasing policies are in place across all domestic and overseas branches and specialist divisions.
- Provide effective leadership and development of the inventory, supply chain and purchasing operations across all businesses within the Group.
- Manage inventory targets for all aspects of the business. Ensure that annual business plans are effectively translated into inventory, supply chain and purchasing strategies and policies to support the needs of the business. Roll out resulting KPI's.
- Lead high level contract negotiations with major global suppliers to ensure minimal risk and continuity. Manage same to minimise currency or freight cost fluctuation risk.
- De-risk the existing supply chain through dual and re-sourcing activities.
- Manage and develop the group 'Stock model' and embed this within the group ERP. Monitor and manage domestic and US raw material, WIP and completed stock levels.
- Monitor and manage remote stock location stock holdings, ROL's, MOQ's.
- Ensure early sourcing and supplier involvement in the NPD and NPI processes.
- Ensure inventory, supply chain and purchasing business system data is accurately maintained and periodically reviewed. Roll out Purchasing aspects of ERP INFOR system to global group (UK only, at the moment).
- Rationalise transport, warehousing and logistics movements between global group locations.
- Strategically manage the implementation of BREXIT (measures in hand) and subsequent trade treaties.
- Oversee the identification of and reporting on new supply chain opportunities· Able to create clear and concise written Supply and Supplier agreements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or qualified through experience in Supply Chain management or similar (a must).
- Extensive Purchasing background with a multi-national SME/manufacturing/engineering environment at world class standards.
- Proven track record in a supply chain role, ideally with Group or multi-site responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems and functionality.
- Proven strategic sourcing, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to communicate supply chain objectives clearly and convey the benefits to the organisation.
- Possess a strategic vision, combined with the ability to be able to deal with operational issues as required.
- Experienced in the application and development of modern supply chain and manufacturing philosophies
- Financial literacy and proven commercial acumen & the ability to develop and monitor budgets
- Direct experience gained in leading and driving supply chain efficiencies
- Experienced in contract creation, negotiation and maintenance
- Experience in Procurement managing indirect procurement categories including IT, Freight, Professional Services and Corporate Services
- Ability to liaise and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business and drive the growth of the procurement function locally and globally
- Experience of the requirements of working within an ISO 9001/2018 or similar environment would be useful, but not essential.
A modern, high technology manufacturing business with their own product range and a state-of-the art engineering facility.
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch