|Job title :||Health & Safety Officer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Job Reference :||SYN2835_1655894552|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Health & Safety Officer
- Bonus scheme (c10%)
- 5 weeks holiday + BH
- BUPA healthcare
- Located in Newbury, West Berkshire
Syntech Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join a high volume manufacturing client of ours based in Newbury Berkshire, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to move into a Health/Safety & Facilities manager position within the next 2-3 years (clear succession plan in place with our client). This position would suit someone with a background in high volume manufacturing.
Your responsibilities as an H&S Officer will include:
- Compliance with Legal Obligations: Responsible for advising and assisting the Company Directors / Managers and other persons involved in planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work.
- Ensure the Company's policies regarding Health, Safety and Environment are developed and maintained
- Ensure Health and Safety / Environmental Procedures are implemented and develop local work procedures to comply with legal obligations
- To maintain effective communication with all staff and external bodies in relation to Health & Safety and Environment.
- Co-ordinate environmental issues day to day, including site waste management streams.
- Knowledge / experience of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management systems. Have good understanding of current environmental legislation.
- Collate data in order to compile reports, or for data collection supporting customer requirements.
- Develop and implement environmental programs, policies, and compliance and training programs (i.e. ISO 14001) to ensure compliance with regulations, company polices, standards, and practices.
- Involvement in site Environmental Organisation, Planning, Measurement and Audit/Review. Prepare, communicate, and implement responses and corrective actions.
- Prepare and coordinate reports, and maintain recordkeeping as required for new and existing processes and equipment.
To be a successful candidate as an H&S Manager you will need:
- Report writing experience
- Auditing experience
- Health and Safety & Environmental display board etc. to ensure that everyone is kept up to date with health and safety / environmental matters
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively orally and in writing to a wide and varied audience.
- The ability to provide technical and regulatory competence and confidence when communicating is essential
- Ability to work independently on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a small team and respond flexibly to change
- To support HR activities in investigations, disciplinary and grievance process
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ideally NEBOSH / IOSH / COSHH qualified (desirable)
- Driving Licence
- Degree (or extensive industry knowledge) educated in OSH) Occupational. Health and Safety, Environmental Sciences or similar discipline.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.