|Job title :||Heat Treatment Technician|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£11.50 - £14.00 per hour|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2329_1604016651|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Heat Treatment Technician
Salary: £11.50 -14 p/h
Hours of work: 40 per week (8am - 5pm Mon to Fri)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Newbury, West Berkshire
Benefits include: Private healthcare, premium rate overtime, relocation assistance, life assurance and free on-site parking
Syntech Recruitment are looking for a Heat Treatment Technician to join a highly regarded engineering business based in Newbury, West Berkshire.
As a Heat Treatment Technician, you will be responsible for undertaking the heat treat process in a rapidly growing team using state-of-the-art equipment.
You should have a thorough knowledge in a variety of heat treatment techniques, equipment and procedures.
The daily duties of a Heat Treatment Technician include:
- Preparing and jigging up parts
- Operating and setting atmospheric and vacuum heat treatment equipment / furnaces
- Following standard operating procedures
- Performing quality checking procedures such as hardness checks
- Undertaking tempering, case hardening and stress relieving processes
- Recording and tracking your work in the company software
The Profile of a successful Heat Treatment Technician:
- Prior experience in a forge, heat treatment, materials lab, metallurgy or metal finishing environment
- Knowledge of effective jigging techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with workshop machinery
- Prior experience or knowledge of NDT (Magnetic Particle Inspection & Acid Etching) Desirable - Training will be provided
- A highly renowned automotive manufacturing business
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch