|Job title :||Industrial Sewing Machinist|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Gerrards Cross|
|Salary :||£20000 - £24000 per annum + pension + bonus + health + sick pay|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN717AUGUST_1659610709|
|Contact name :||Mark Cantillon|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Industrial Sewing Machinist
- Salary up to £24k
- Excellent benefits
- 37 hour week (Mon to Thurs 8.00 - 17.00 and Fri 8.00 - 12.00)
- Overtime paid at time and a half
Industrial Sewing Machinist required to work in an assembly department for an Aerospace company. The successful Industrial Sewing Machinist is to assemble, cut and stitch all fabric and webbing parts required for Aircraft Seat Assemblies
Industrial Sewing Machinist Responsibilities:
- Make components using the appropriate fabrics from standard template/ patterns and instructions from drawings, including making first off pieces.
- Part mark components and label using ink pad and rubber stamps.
- Cut patterns/templates from drawing prints and when required use templates to cut fabric pieces prior to sewing.
- Monitor imperfections in material or threads or mistakes in patterns or instructions.
- Using drawings and technical / process specifications identify and apply part numbers, drawing issues and surface finishes.
- Use SAP to record work.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Able to interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Basic Computing skills
- Good hand to eye coordination - able to cut templates and fabric accurately using a template
- Understand weft and weave
- Simple maintenance of sewing machines- changing needles etc
- Preferable experience of working on industrial sewing machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Overlocking, weaving, cutting etc.
- Candidates need to be comfortable in a manufacturing environment and repetitive work
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch