|Job title :||Manufacturing Cell Leader|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + plus excellent benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2336_1609240862|
|Contact name :||Zac Pyne|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Manufacturing Cell Leader
- £35 - £38k doe
- Industry leading pension
- Early Friday finish
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced cell leader with a strong manufacturing background to supervise a team of 20+ paint and chemical finishing operatives
Purpose of the role:
To supervise a team (c20) of operators and ensure that output/production targets are achieved
Ensure that the production schedule is adhered to
Drive improvement activities such as 5S and ToC etc.
Plan, monitor and allocate work as determined by job packs and maximise the output of people and machines in the cell.
Communicate and monitor team performance against KPI/metrics, e.g. shortages, spares orders, deliveries and priorities on a daily basis.
Investigate the causes of poor productivity and implement action plans to address them.
Providing progress updates at regular weekly departmental meetings answering queries from internal departments and line management
- Monitoring of sick absence and attendance
- Completion of appraisals and Training plans
- Maintaining a skills matrix for their team
- Conducting and arranging training on the job for members of the team
- Recruitment of team members as required
- Handling employee disputes
Ensure compliance with all relevant SOP's, Work Instructions and PS's and that all necessary records and logs are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
Initiating and participating in 5S, ToC and other improvement activities.
Ensure all relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including conducting Risk Assessments (General, COSHH and Puwer) also reviewing Manual Handling procedures and Material Safety Data Sheets.
Experience and Skills
- Experience of managing people.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Good Computing skills - emails. SAP or equivalent
- Experience with chemical processing of metal or paint spraying would be highly desirable
- Numerical ability - interpreting graphs, percentages, analysing trend data
- HNC/HND Engineering related discipline or Apprenticeship
- Handling employee disputes and disciplinary matters
- Practical problem solver
- Preferably Leadership /Management training
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.