|Job title :||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Whitstable, Kent|
|Salary :||£29000 - £32000 per annum + plus benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2173_1582707045|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
- Up to 32k
- Highly competitive salary package
- World Class Design & Manufacturing provider
We currently have a superb opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for one of the UK's most respected manufacturing businesses based on the coast of Kent.
Purpose of the role:
To support production by developing and improving processes. To provide full process and quality engineering support with focus on "built in quality", process control as opposed to final inspection culture.
To take accountability and responsibility for designated product ranges and ensure: -
- Fast turnaround and corrective action for Process/Quality issues affecting production
- Ensure In conjunction with production and engineering that all new products are verified as production ready prior to production release, this includes all aspects including cost, manufacturability, process capability etc.
- Support the production of new and legacy products being manufactured and take direct responsibility for updating routings, manufacturing and process instructions / tooling etc to be in line with best method of manufacture.
- Support designated production area and take ownership for close out of process issues raised either to support customer delivery and or improve process.
- Analysing NRFT data to focus on areas that require process improvement
- Designated assembly area is supported on current and legacy product. This will be assessed through QCD measure linked to SPEED but typically will be cost reduction on process driving lower labour cost and or reduced defect / NRFT rate, lead-time reduction etc plus problem close out time and effectiveness.
- Carry out review of and take ownership for implementation of root cause fix and complete close out on all customer concerns (both internal and external) for designated area and engage directly with end customer as and when required.
- Carry out and or lead improvement activities linked to growth and profit targets on designated area.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- HNC or above in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience working in a Mechanical Process Engineer role within a manufacturing or Process Engineering environment
- Experience using measuring equipment
- Experience of design reviews and ensuring production problems are corrected with robust corrective actions and the product is produced to the desired quality
- Process improvement and line flow implementation
- Experience using CREO or similar CAD packages would be ideal
- Ability to accurately update and improve process documentation, both written and electronically
- Mechanical bias with some electrical skills
- Good understanding of the NPI process
- Practical problem-solving skills, including understanding manufacturing processes and solving issues on the shop floor
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.