|Job title :||Mechanical Inspector|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Oxford, Oxfordshire|
|Salary :||£27000 - £30000 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2155_1579276852|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Mechanical Inspector - Mechanical Assemblies
- Circa £15p/h
- 9% Non-Contributary Pension
- Bonus scheme
- Healthcare plan
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Half day finish on Friday's - (Monday to Thursday 8.00 - 17.00 and Fridays 8.00 - 12.00
We are currently looking for an experienced Quality Inspector to join a prestigious manufacturing company based near Chalgrove, Ox, to undertake a variety of processes for product verification of parts and components.
- To carry out testing/inspection of Pyrotechnic components using a variety of processes and techniques in accordance Quality Assurance Instructions and or technical specifications / documents (i.e. accurately interpret component drawings/test procedures and relevant information so that, part numbers, drawing issues, relevant ADR's and process specification can be accurately identified and applied).
- To generate, maintain inspection documentation in accordance with the relevant Company Quality Assurance policy
- Use SAP to undertake the following transactions :
- Accurately record all work in progress
- Track processing of component batches through the manufacturing process and update records accurately and regularly
- Accurately record the location of components and parts
- Record all Non-Conforming products.
- To be conversant with and employ appropriate techniques as specified on the job cards relevant to specific components such that work is undertaken according to requirements so that:
- Processes are carried out in accordance with laid down SOP's within the Department
- Required quality standards are achieved
- All inspection equipment is to be checked, maintained and within calibration
- All relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSW's arising from RA's/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- To assist in the successful implementation of on going Lean Initiatives including:
- 5S activities
- Continuous Improvement programmes
- To handle materials, goods and components appropriately to comply with safety regulations and handling / machining instructions so that:
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or negligence
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling
Experience and Skills
- Inspection experience
- Numeracy and Literacy skills
- Broad experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- General work background in manufacturing / engineering
- Basic grounding in H&S policies and procedures
- Any experience of pressure testing would be ideal
- Experience of using Inspection Tools and Equipment
- Experience of using hand tools
- Basic PC (Microsoft Office)
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited act as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment & Employment Business for temp / contract hires.