|Job title :||Metal Worker|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2511_1626978224|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Sheet metal operative
8am - 4:30 pm
Our client, a manufacturing and servicing business serving the food processing industry are currently looking for a press operator / sheet metal technician, the successful applicant will need to be cutting, bending and general sheet metal work and have the ability to work in a small team.
Sheet metal operative duties:
- Follow all health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations, maintaining a safe, clean and tidy work area including all tools and issued workwear.
- Carry out various sheet metal work (bending, Guillotine, cutting, pillar drill, folding etc)
- Provide mechanical assistance to breakdowns as required.
- Maintain a professional approach and attitude to all service jobs to promote the image and reputation of the company.
- Be able to work to engineering drawings
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experienced in general sheet metal duties
- Driving license.
- Good communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to use measurement equipment
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent qualification (ideally)
- IT skills including MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Working at height.
- COSHH awareness.
- First Aid
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety in particular, food hygiene.
- Food industry knowledge.
- Forklift truck license.
- IPAF 3a license.
- Lifting and slinging.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.