|Job title :||Operations Manager - Industrial Engineering|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Dartford, Kent|
|Salary :||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2116_1572261760|
|Contact name :||Nick Biddle|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Operations Manager - Industrial Engineering
- £45-50k doe
- 25 Days holiday + b/h
- 40 hr week
- Annual Bonus
Our client, a small but well established industrial services company are currently seeking an Operations Manager to lead the operations and production element of the business during a period of significant change, modernisation and growth.
Reporting to the Operations Director the objectives are:
- Standardize processes in line with industry, group and regulatory standards
- increase efficiency
- increase productivity
1. Planning administration
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting with the development of short and long term plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans
- Assist in monthly budget reports as well as the weekly progress reports summarizing progress financial and KPIs
- Daily, weekly and monthly production planning reports for the workshops based on customer service and sales team input
2. HR management
- Recruitment of Permanent or Sub-Contract staff
- Employee development and training
- Employee relations
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Direct supervision over Workshop Supervisors, Admin/Customer Services Supervisor
3. Project management:
- Oversee the introduction of new capability within the workshops which will require facility expansion and new test equipment;
4. Financial management
- Provide recommendations regarding investments and cash strategies
- Oversee preparation of annual budget
- Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the company;
- Oversee and monitor group compliance in regards to KPIs, debtor days, cash, AR and AP
- Help create customer pricing index for service and exchange and to price large bulk contracts
- Oversee that accurate documentation control with customer order documents, quality control data and financial records are maintained
- Direct and oversee site repair and overhaul activities and personnel
- Oversee and ensure high safety standards at all times
- Direct all maintenance activities to ensure safety and compliance with quality control standards, regulatory compliance, and lease agreements
- Lead on BSI and UKAS quality audits
6. Administrative management
- Ensure client and vendor file integrity (documents, contracts, communication negotiations, etc.)
- Assist in development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management
- Help maintain efficient and professional customer services department
- Extensive experience in, Business Management, workshop/operations planning and financial oversight
- Proven experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision and evaluation administration
- Demonstrate ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a diverse team of staff.
- Proficiency with office computer equipment, software and ERP system.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ideally a minimum of three years of experience within an industrial business environment
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.