|Job title :||Operations Manager - Industrial Engineering|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Dartford, Kent|
|Salary :||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + +bonus|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2116a_1572447572|
|Contact name :||Nick Biddle|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Our client, a £3M turnover business within the aerospace industry, is currently recruiting for an Ops Manager. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will operationally lead the company during a period of significant change, modernisation and growth. The objectives being to increase efficiency, productivity and to standardise processes in line with industry, group and regulatory standards.
Key accountabilities as an Operations Manager:
- Planning Administration - providing leadership and vision to the organisation and assisting with budget and progress reports.
- HR Management - recruitment, development and supervision of subordinates.
- Project Management - oversee the introduction of new capability within the workshops which will require facility expansion and new test equipment.
- Financial Management - recommending investments and cash strategies. Also oversee and monitor Group compliance in regards to KPIs, debtor days, cash, AR and AP.
- Production/ QC - direct and oversee site repair and overhaul activities and personnel. Lead on BSI and UKAS quality audits. Oversee that accurate documentation control with customer order documents, quality control data and financial records are maintained.
- Administrative Management - ensure client and vendor file integrity and assist in development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- Up to £50k base
- 40 hrs p/w
- Annual bonus
Skills & Knowledge for an Ops Manager:
- A minimum of five years of experience in business management, workshop/operations planning and financial oversight.
- A minimum of five years of experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision and evaluation administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a diverse team of staff.
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Proficiency with office computer equipment, software and ERP system.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Ideally a minimum of three years of experience within the business sector.