|Job title :||Paint Prepper|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Gerrards Cross|
|Salary :||£11 - £13 per hour + pension + bonus + healthcare + 25 days hol|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2152_1590755291|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
- 9% non - contributory pension
- O/T available at time and on half
- Company bonus
A vacancy has arisen for a Paint Prepper/ Masker to work within the Paint shop Finishing department at our client, a well-established Aerospace / manufacturing business near Uxbridge, Middlesex. You will mask and unmask detail components in preparation for paint spraying in accordance with job specifications.
- Using kits provided to mask detail components & larger assemblies (e.g. gun structures, seat pans etc) to drawings/specifications using tapes, plastic plugs and bungs as required.
- After paint spraying unmask components checking paint surfaces for damage or omissions removing all tapes, plugs and bungs with scalpels and probes and touching in areas as required.
- Ensure tooling system is maintained by filing and checking of kits, flagging omissions or problems to the Cell Leader.
- Assist in the successful implementation of ongoing Lean Initiatives including:
- 5S activities
- Continuous Improvement programmes
- Ensure that ;
- Processes are carried out in accordance with the laid down SOP's and Process Specifications within the Department
- Required quality standards are achieved
- All relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSW's arising from RA's/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- Handle materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and handling/processing instructions so that:
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty processing
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling.
Skills & Experience
- Able to read technical drawings and specifications
- Manufacturing background
- Basic Computer skills
- Use of basic hand tools
- Experience of intricate masking and un-masking of components would be an advantage
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a Manufacturing background and be able to read technical drawings and specifications.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application. Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.