|Job title :
|Contract type :
|£24200 - £29000 per annum
|Job Reference :
|Contact name :
|Contact email :
- £27,500 - £29,000
- Based near Gerrard;s Cross
- 1.5x Overtime available
Syntech are recruiting a Parachute Packer for our aerospace client based near Gerrard's Cross, Uxbridge. Working in the packing team, this role will suit someone with a military or parachute background who has experience packing parachutes in a similar environment.
We are interested in talking to candidates who have the experience with parachutes or if not, you may even be a sky diver and pack your own parachute. You will have to tie knots as part of the role so you may even come from a sailing background. We are after Candidates who are extremely methodical and care conscious about their work
Parachute Packer Role
Working within the manufacturing department, this role is to pack new build parachutes and drogues to support production and supply of customer spares to meet the requirements of the production and development schedule.
Parachute Packer Duties
- Pack parachutes and drogues in accordance with technical specifications and manuals involving:
- Drawing of parts from satellite stores
- Recording of batch numbers and completion of history sheets
- Checking parachutes for flaws and noting minor flaws on the history sheet
- Preparing parachutes for loading into the press
- Operating presses to ensure parachutes and drogues are compressed in accordance with the drawings /manuals
- Ensure efficient utilisation of presses and other equipment.
- Work with development programmes on working methods and specifications of head boxes, parachutes and drogues including prototypes and test pieces.
- Carry out self-inspection
- Make sure that tools and equipment are fit for purpose calibrated and maintained at all times reporting any defects to the Team Leader.
- Handle materials, goods and components carefully in accordance with safety regulations and handling and processing instructions so that
Parachute Packer Profile
- Experience of packing parachutes in a military or sky diving environment
- Confident reading technical drawings for packing parachutes
- Able to use hand held tools
Syntech Recruitment Limited act as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment & Employment Business for temp / contract hires.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.