|Job title :||Parachute Packer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Gerrards Cross|
|Salary :||£23000 - £25000 per annum + plus excellent benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2516_1629800363|
|Contact name :||Zac Pyne|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
We are currently looking for a Parachute Packer to join our Engineering client near Uxbridge, Middlesex.
Working within the manufacturing department, this role is to pack new build parachutes and drogues to support production and supply of customer spares to meet the requirements of the production and development schedule.
- Pack parachutes and drogues in accordance with technical specifications and manuals involving:
- Drawing of parts from satellite stores
- Recording of batch numbers and completion of history sheets
- Checking parachutes for flaws and noting minor flaws on the history sheet
- Preparing parachutes for loading into the press
- Operating presses to ensure parachutes and drogues are compressed in accordance with the drawings /manuals
- Ensure efficient utilisation of presses and other equipment.
- Work with development programmes on working methods and specifications of head boxes, parachutes and drogues including prototypes and test pieces.
- Carry out self-inspection
- Make sure that tools and equipment are fit for purpose calibrated and maintained at all times reporting any defects to the Team Leader.
- Handle materials, goods and components carefully in accordance with safety regulations and handling and processing instructions so that
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty processing
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling
- Participation in 5 S and other business improvement initiatives.
- To report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of working from Technical Drawings and specifications
- Engineering/manufacturing background
- An apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering would be beneficial
- Experience of working with parachutes
We are interested in talking to candidates who have the experience with parachutes or if not, you may even be a sky diver and pack your own parachute. You will have to tie knots as part of the role so you may even come from a sailing background. We are after Candidates who are extremely methodical and care conscious about their work
You must have unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the UK
A salary of £23000-£25000 will be offered depending on skill level and experience
Syntech Recruitment Limited act as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment & Employment Business for temp / contract hires.