|Job title :||Precision Assembler|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£21000.00 - £24000.00 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2103_1594718930|
|Contact name :||Zac Pyne|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Normal days (Mon - Thurs & half day finish on Friday)
Industry leading pension
Overtime paid at time and a half
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic assembly technician to join our Engineering client near Uxbridge, Middlesex
To Assembly and inspect components and sub-assemblies in accordance with the quality standards and production schedule.
- Using technical specifications, defined working methods and drawings to build components and sub-assemblies (e.g. power reels, timed units etc.) to required quality standards including.
- Use kits of parts, hand tools and other equipment to complete assembly ensuring that all parts are fitted to required specification
- Inspecting and testing of components and sub-assemblies to required tolerances and technical specification.
- Using Component drawings and technical / process specifications identify and apply part numbers, drawing issues, and relevant ADR `s and surface finishes.
- To assist in the successful implementation of on-going Lean Initiatives including:
- 5S activities
- Continuous Improvement programmes
- To be conversant with and employ appropriate techniques as specified on the job cards relevant to specific components such that work is undertaken according to requirements so that :
- Processes are carried out in accordance with laid down SOP's within the Department
- Required quality standards are achieved
- All relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSW's arising from RA's/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- To undertake self-inspection (and where authorised apply an inspectors stamp) and quality check of work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures.
- To handle materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations so that :
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty stowing, stacking or packing
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling.
- To monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Assembly and Fitting
- Basic grounding in H&S policies and procedures
- Basic understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Mechanical Apprenticeship desirable
- Basic Computing skills
- Use of hand tools and gauges
You must have unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the UK
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.