|Job title :||Production Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£50000 - £450000 per annum + pension + bonus + health + sick pay|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2808_1653489068|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
- £45-50k + bonus (c10%)
- 25 Days holiday + b/h
- Pension scheme
Our client, an industry leading manufacturing business based close to Newbury, Berkshire are currently looking for a highly committed, talented and experienced Production Engineer. The successful applicant will be tasked with Industrialising and launching manufacturing processes for new products and managing the running of process changes of mass production.
The role of Production/Manufacturing Engineer is to support our production operations though the use of continuous improvement techniques to optimise production output, minimise downtime and reduce costs.
We would like to hear from people who are comfortable working in a high-volume multi-disciplined environment.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Technical and hands-on support on the manufacturing floor, using a proven problem-solving mindset.
- Produce or assist in the production of manufacturing documentation.
- Identify machine and process improvements to optimise output, minimise downtime and reduce cost.
- Use Lean Manufacturing principles to enhance the shop floor process and ensure sustainable solutions are implemented
- Act as the link between the industrialisation team and production staff to ensure smooth running of manufacturing lines and introduction of new projects
- Prioritise and co-ordinate multiple assignments in line with production demand
- React to production issues and take the technical lead to make key decisions
- Monitor machine and process performance, report, influence change and develop solutions
- Interpret and evaluate production down time data
- Lead and participate in PSP (Problem Solving), 8D, Kaizen and PFMEA teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to ONC/HNC or higher in an Engineering discipline
- Served a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a 'high volume' manufacturing plant
- An ability to produce manufacturing documentation (standards, drawings, process specification and operating instructions)
- Ability to interpret data and results, to formulate conclusions and recommendations
- A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques, equipment and processes related to High-Volume Press Forming and Assembly.
- Conversant in problem solving techniques and methodologies
- Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement and Quality Tools
- Design for Manufacture experience of Tooling, Jigs or similar work holding equipment.
- Experience of PFMEAs (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.