|Job title :||R&D Funding and IP Manager|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Healthcare, approx 6% bonus|
|Job Reference :||SYN2558_1632701641|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
R&D Funding and Engineering Technology IP Manager
Our client has created a new position as part of the Concept Development & Design Team to work at their beautiful, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Woking, Surrey.
The Concept Development and Design Team pursues technical research with the aim of developing innovative patentable commercial technology. The business currently holds multiple global patents and has previously received funding via UK Government funders for:
* Innovate UK Technology, Research & Market Entry Grants
* UKTI Market Intelligence
Your primary responsibilities will include investigating suitable funding sources and management of all grant funding applications.
You will also be responsible for Patents, Trademarks, Design Protection, Copyright and protection of Intellectual Property. As part of this you will need to respond to challenges encountered during the application process and maintaining the IP once granted.
* Identifying possible opportunities and qualifying projects for grant funding
* Preparation and submission of grant funding applications
* Management of successful grant projects (funding & reporting elements);
Management of Intellectual Property:
* Submission of global patents
* Interface with relevant Attorneys
* Management of IP register (patents, trademarks, design registrations).
* Identification of internal technologies which could be licensed/integrated into third party products
* Identification of external technologies which could be licensed or otherwise collaboratively integrated into the business' products
* Management of licensing negotiations.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
* Experience in Design Engineering ideally in a field related to Digital Technology, Mechanical Engineering or similar disciplines. This may be via academic study, work experience or ideally a combination of both
* Experience of securing Grant Funding and managing the application process
* Knowledge of the Intellectual Property processes
* Experience of OEM/Licensing arrangements
* Experience using a mainstream ERP package facility with the MS Office suite
* Enthusiastic, proactive, organized, dynamic, financially numerate.
What we can offer you:
* £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Additional Benefits / Package:
* Flexibility in working hours (40 hrs per week)
* Bupa non-contrib private medical insurance
* Additional production bonus (variable - approx 6% per annum)
* Life insurance
* 24 days holiday + bank holidays
* Free on-site parking
* On-site gym facilities
If you believe you have the skill set we are looking for, please apply immediately and one of our consultants will be in touch very soon to discuss the finer details with you.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this position.