|Job title :||Senior Development Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Whitstable, Kent|
|Salary :||£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + plus excellent benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2167_1579531178|
|Contact name :||Nick Biddle|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Senior Development Engineer
- World Class Design & Manufacturing provider
- Leading activities to support Engineering & Operations
We currently have a superb opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer to work for one of the UK's most respected manufacturing businesses based on the coast of Kent.
Purpose of the role:
To design, develop and deliver commercial product solutions whilst providing customer service excellence across product development delivery.
- Managing technology development activities, including proof of concept trials, development and qualification activities
- Leading product development activities from concept through to customer acceptance
- Project management of product development activities in a thorough and effective manner to ensure; on time delivery; projects are managed to budget; developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and suppliers, and; ensuring a smooth handover to Production
- Representing the company in product development meetings with customers both on and off site
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Supporting Operations to ensure the smooth implementation into series production of developed product; by contributing to the resolution of production problems and/or the introduction of new production processes
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant Engineering qualification e.g. HND/HNC/Degree
- Proven experience in a Development Engineer role
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles
- 3D CAD experience (SolidEdge 3D CAD, FMEA Packages, PM tools e.g. MS Project
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.