|Job title :||Senior Environmental Test Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Gerrards Cross|
|Salary :||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + plus excellent benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN1781_1588230612|
|Contact name :||Nick Biddle|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Senior Environmental Test Engineer
- Aerospace /Defence business
- Salary range 40 to 45K depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, up to 5 days holiday buy back, yearly bonus plus flexi benefits
- 35 hours per week
- Industry leading pension
We currently have a terrific opportunity to join a prestigious engineering organisation in Middlesex.
Reporting to the Test Manager, your role will be to produce detailed, precise and technical documentation to describe the test procedure to be enacted, criteria against which success shall be measured and requirements being met.
To generate through environmental test (Shock, pressure, salt fog, vibration, drop, moisture), data analysis or a combination of the two, credible and substantive evidence to demonstrate compliance with the environmental requirements of customer specifications.
To produce detailed, precise and technical test reports to present the results, analysis and technical discussion in order to obtain customer approval.
To provide technical support for queries raised both internally by ET colleagues as well as externally by internal and external customers
- Conduct and supervise product environmental testing (Shock, pressure, salt fog, vibration, drop, moisture).
- Evaluate post test data, through reduction analysis and interpretation of instrumentation data and develop analysis tools.
- Preparation of test procedure, plans and schedules to include test facility selection and oversight, test design and fixture development.
- Prepare and issue Test Reports for review and approval by customer(s) both internal and external.
- Assist in the development of test progammes in order to satisfy programme and customer requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to junior test engineers on issues of test conduct, results interpretation and fault investigations.
- Conduct detailed analysis of any failure encountered during environmental testing.
- Advise internal and external customers/suppliers/partners etc on test queries.
- Provide advice to customers, government authorities (US Government, MOD etc.) and suppliers on technical matters related to environmental testing.
Experience & Knowledge
Broad experience in conducting successful environmental tests and producing reports and technical data.
Familiarity of Military and civilian test standards including MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 & Defence Standard 00-970.
Highly developed communication skills: able to communicate verbally, in presentation format and in writing at senior level; able to develop links with other technical specialists within the business.
Some familiarity with people management
Sound grounding in Health and Safety relating to test environment.
In depth knowledge of Test and Measurement Instrumentation. Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
Strong knowledge of various environmental testing techniques such as shock, pressure, salt fog, vibration, drop moisture and other climatic test techniques and systems.
Extensive data analysis skills.
Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint tools.
2.1 / 1st degree qualified or equivalent gained through work experience - mechanical / aeronautics / electronics engineering.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.