|Job title :||Technical Author – Aerospace publications|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||To £40k doe|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2020|
|Contact name :||Terry Harris|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
• Salary to £40k + excellent benefits
• World class Engineering / Defense Business
• Early finish Friday
We currently have a fantastic position for an experienced Technical Author to produce and update technical publications, acceptance test procedures, build plans, equipment related documents covering company products in accordance with specification requirements and quality standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Research the technical requirement for Publications by reference to: engineering drawings, production standards and processes, Logistic Support Analysis records, related component hardware proving using appropriate tooling. Identify and liaise with relevant departments in order to resolve technical issues and requirements.
2. Compile new and standard technical publications and amendments using industry recognised techniques including; application of appropriate data structures, formatting and detail. Identifying and specify illustration requirements and usage. Undertake hands-on demonstration and validation using appropriate tooling and engineering techniques. Undertake proof reading prior to passing data into quality systems.
3. Compile Illustrated Parts Catalogue in accordance with industry standards, maintenance policy and techniques.
4. Understand and apply data configuration control and archiving techniques and data management processes.
5. Manage allocated workload within task deadlines, maintaining accurate man hour control, generating progress records for scrutiny by senior staff.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge and application of Aerospace / Defence or similar publication standards.
- Practical experience of mechanical engineering and technical authorship.
- Highly developed skill in the application of English in terms of both grammar and vocabulary.
- Experience of desktop publishing software e.g. Frame Maker.
- Ability to work with new Publishing production tools and processes including SGML, XML
- City & Guilds 5360 Part 1 & 2 (Engineering, Technical Communication and Authoring) or equivalent
• Ex-RAF/Royal Navy mechanical aircraft trade would be ideal as would
• Weapons/Armament personnel having worked on ejection seats at all levels of maintenance.
• Having attained minimum Senior Non-Commissioned Officer (SNCO) rank, or equivalent in Service. Proven record of technical authorship in aerospace, preferably mechanical engineering, at aircraft and associated component First, Second, Third and Fourth Line levels of maintenance.
• Knowledge, experience and application of Specifications; AECMA1000D, Mil Std 38784, ATA200, JSP183 (AvP70).
• Using software products; PTC CSDB for 1000D, Framemaker 11 (Structured and un-structured) and Adobe Acrobat products.
• Have knowledge and application experience of data management in a technical authoring context. Proven ability to update, and generate from new, complex procedures and descriptive data working with design engineers, manufacturing personnel and other subject matter experts.
• Enthusiastic towards our products and willing to actively contribute to the development of the Department beyond just authoring.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.