|Job title :||Vibration Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Uxbridge, London|
|Salary :||£35000 - £40000 per annum + plus excellent benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2010_1584959999|
|Contact name :||Nick Biddle|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- £35 - 40k
- Excellent benefits
- Defence / Engineering company
- Bonus + pension + 25 days holiday + HC plan
We currently have a terrific opportunity to join a prestigious engineering organisation in Middlesex.
The role holder shall be responsible for the preparation, control and oversight of all vibration testing undertaken at the company test site. This shall include the following key accountabilities and duties:
- The role holder shall be responsible for the installation of fixture and test articles to the vibration machine per the written instructions provided by the test engineer
- The role holder shall be responsible for the selection, fitment and maintenance of all instrumentation required to support the requested test
- The role holder shall be responsible for correctly interpreting the requested test environment and programming the vibration machine controller to perform the test. They will be responsible for confirming that the test requirements are accommodated by the capabilities of the shaker system and that they have been undertaken within the stated test parameters
- The role holder will be responsible for the control of the test area including access, house keeping, and control of fixture / tooling storage
- The role holder shall ensure that the equipment employed is calibrated and correctly logged.
- The role holder shall be responsible for the maintenance of the vibration system including in-house weekly activities and those performed by the appointed 3rd party service provider (both scheduled and unscheduled)
- The role holder shall be responsible for the maintenance of test records including the storage / archiving of test results / producing test plots to the specification of the Test Engineer
- To support the review / update of work instructions and procedure relating to the vibration activity and to support the conduct of risk / COSHH assessments directly relating to vibration activity
- To support, when required and trained, the acquisition of data for tests overseen by the instrumentation department as a whole
- The programming of climatic chambers used directly in the conditioning of test articles subjected to the combination of vibration and thermal conditioning
- To provide training / guidance to the team members to allow testing to continue during periods of absence
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years experience working within a test laboratory setting up, programming and operating an Electro-mechanical vibration machine
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of vibration and signal processing
- Experience of piezo electric and charge accelerometers including a clear understanding of their key strengths and limitations
- Intermediate level PC skills - data entry, DSP programming, MS Excel & WORD.
- Demonstrated competence in test data analysis and record keeping
- Clear understanding of Sinusoidal, Random and Mixed mode vibration testing
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- HND in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Formal training, preferably apprenticeship or accredited 3rd party training course.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.