|Job title :||Workshop Fitter|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN273020a_1659610613|
|Contact name :||Zac Pyne|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Salary: £24k - £28k per annum
Hours of work: 37hrs per week (8am - 5pm Mon to Thurs & 8am - 12noon Friday)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Uxbridge, UB9
Benefits include: Overtime at 1.5x per hour, Exceptional pension scheme, On-site Parking, 25 days holiday + BH
Our clint, a world-renowned aerospace and defence manufacturing business are currently looking for a Workshop Fitter to add to their ever-growing manufacturing team.
The successful applicant will be assembling aerospace parts using engineering drawings and riveting techniques.
Workshop Fitter duties:
- Follow all health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations, maintaining a safe, clean, and tidy work area including all tools and issued workwear.
- Carry out various mechanical assemblies following engineering drawings & using hand tools.
- Use of both machine and hand riveting techniques.
- Bonding materials with adhesives (loctite, araldite)
- Maintain a professional approach and attitude to all service jobs to promote the image and reputation of the company
Workshop Fitter Profile
- Experienced in hand riveting and machine riveting (essential)
- Be able to work to engineering drawings (essential)
- Prior assembly experience in a manufacturing environment (essential)
- Sheet metal experience is beneficial
- Experince with use of adhesives is beneficical (loctite, araldite)
- Good communication skills
- The ability to perform your own quality checks using mechanical measurement equipment
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent qualification (ideally)
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.