|Job title :||CNC Machinist|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2328_1608634657|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
- To £30k
- Excellent benefits
- Premium overtime
CNC Machinist / workshop technician required for global leader in the manufacture of Aerospace safety equipment. We are seeking multi skilled candidates who have experience of Multi axis CNC Machining, Quality inspection, Mechanical assembly processes and paint spraying.
Your duties will include
CNC Machining (approx. 50%)
Fully set and operate 4&5 axis CNC milling machines
* Fully set and operate multi turret CNC lathes and machine tools
* To hand Deburr and fettle detail components
* Operate within a 5's manufacturing cell environment
* Be able to read understand CNC programmes, using machine interface.
* Using SAP be able to check material availability, part requirements, part
routings and issue.
Mechanical Inspection: (approx. 20%)
* Able to read, understand and fully interpret component drawings, including
detail, assembly and finishing process drawings.
* Inspect detail, assembly and finishing processes from drawing to component
and use all inspection equipment required accordingly including Co-ordinate
measuring machines, contour machines, and surface finish equipment.
* Ability to inspect and use pressure checking, magnetic particle inspection
equipment and paint finishing inspection techniques.
To assemble components: (10%)
* Carry out assembly of parts to drawing requirements
To finish spray detail components and assemblies: (20%)
* Operate degreasing equipment
* Prepare coatings according to manufactures specifications
* Apply coatings and cure these in accordance with manufactures and drawing specifications
* Thorough experience in multi axis CNC machine tools milling and turning
* Thorough experience of component drawings and inspection of component parts, assembled parts and inspection equipment
* Good experience of assembling small detail assemblies
* Good experience of paint and lacquer spraying including inspection processes
* Engineering apprenticeship
* City and guilds / NVQ's / National tech certificate engineering
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application. Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.