|Job title :||Estimator|
|Contract type :||Contract|
|Salary :||£20 - £28 per hour|
|Start date :||asap|
|Duration :||3 months|
|Job Reference :||SYN2218_1587832535|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Estimator - CNC / machine shop background.
- 40 hour week - Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm, with 30 minutes for lunch
- On-going contract
- £20-28 ph
- Pro-rata equivalent of 22 days holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking and excellent staff facilities
Our client is a world class OEM based close to Woking, Surrey and they are currently looking for a Machine shop Estimator to join them on an ongoing contract basis. This is a fast-paced role in a high performing business so previous demonstrable Estimating inside a machine shop facility is critical for this position. Recent investment in new CNC machines is a nod to the future but it also means surplus machining capability in the short term which needs to be corrected. The Machine Shop staff have experience of both low and high-volume machining with complete traceability, repeatability and accuracy, using a variety of different materials. There are experienced CAD/CAM engineers plus a modern Paint Shop Additionally, the Company has Technical Assembly capability if required.
The role will involve responsibility for the following;
- Handling multiple and varied projects
- Interpretation of customers' requirements from drawings or computer models
- Liaison with material and subcontract service suppliers to determine best external costs
- Liaison with customers and follow up of potential sales
- Generation of machine shop processes and routings with appropriate times to determine machining costs
- Preparation of detailed quotations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A highly motivated and proactive engineer who can demonstrate successful experience in a similar role
- Must be familiar with all aspects of CNC machining and also be conversant with current tooling developments
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills and a high level of commercial awareness
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Must be computer literate, Outlook, Excel in particular
- Ability to manage own work load and work under pressure in a busy environment.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.