|Job title :||Mechanical Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2441B_1621867230|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Hours: Monday - Friday, Days
Mechanical Engineer needed for a unique, bespoke R&D business based in Farnborough. We are looking for someone with an extensive amount of experience and knowledge around DfM and DfA principles, with a good understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes such as CNC milling, turning, casting, sheet metal, moulding and rapid prototyping. etc. This is a stand alone position and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead design projects and work with the directors directly and oversee projects. You will need to be fully conversant on Solidworks.
- Design and engineer high-performance aerospace components and structures from concept stage, through to detailed design for manufacture
- Experience down to component level design is a must.
- FEA experience is critical.
- Prepare, present and report technical work to peers and customers at design reviews
- Creation of piece part drawings from 3D models to enable manufacture of tooling and components
- Manage configuration of all designs (control of BOM)
- Collating data and producing reports as required
- Ability to carry out technical analysis including thermal, stress (incl. non-linear) and buckling analysis using finite element codes and analytical techniques is strongly preferred
- Develop the company's design and stress analysis capability
- BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or similarly related degree, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- 5 year plus post graduate experience in either Aerospace, Automotive or similar environment
- Experience in the use of hand-calculations to solve basic mechanical design problems
- Excellent understanding of mechanical and thermal properties of engineering materials and their implementation, correct use of tolerances, Engineering drawing standards and manufacturing techniques
- Flexible and innovative design thinking, able to be given technical requirements and to create robust design solutions using own initiative and the ability to critique own ideas
- High level of experience using CAD software packages for mechanical design (preferably SolidWorks)
- Knowledge and experience of applying DfM and DfA principles, with a good understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes such as CNC milling, turning, casting, sheet metal, moulding and rapid prototyping.
- Able to quickly understand new technical concepts is essential to this role.
- Previous industry experience in the design and analysis of aerospace components and structures
- Experience in the use of commercial finite element codes
- Project and contract management experience
- Experience of working within an experimental design team or on experimental development programmes
- Previous experience in the design, development, testing and NDT of composite materials
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ECSS
- Show a high level of proactivity and problem solving both as an individual & as part of a team
- Self-starting and motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills including effective prioritisation of tasks to meet project milestones
- Excellent written skills including the ability to produce clear, timely and accurate reports
- Strong presentation skills including experience of presenting technical data
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
- Positive and flexible, results driven attitude
- Well established Sub-contract R&D business based in Farnborough.
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch