|Job title :||Production Engineer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£47000 - £50000 per annum + pension + bonus + health + sick pay|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2808-B_1655382489|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- £43-47k + bonus (c10%)
- 25 Days holiday + b/h
- Pension scheme
Our client, an industry leading manufacturing business based close to Newbury, Berkshire are currently looking for a highly analytical, quality driven production engineer. The successful applicant will be dealing with quality complaints, machine reliability, assembly processes and reporting (via internal systems and Excel). This is a very "hands on" role and you would be working heavily with the team around the various parts of the business including, design, toolroom, development and quality.
The role of Production/Manufacturing Engineer is to support the production operations through the use of continuous improvement techniques to optimise production output, minimise downtime and reduce costs.
We would like to hear from people who are comfortable working in a high-volume multi-disciplined environment (ideally from within an automotive/TS standard background, not essential)
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Technical and hands-on support on the manufacturing floor, using a proven problem-solving mindset.
- Produce or assist in the production of manufacturing documentation.
- Identify machine and process improvements to optimise output, minimise downtime and reduce cost.
- Use Lean Manufacturing principles to enhance the shop floor process and ensure sustainable solutions are implemented
- Act as the link between the industrialisation team and production staff to ensure smooth running of manufacturing lines and introduction of new projects
- Prioritise and co-ordinate multiple assignments in line with production demand
- React to production issues and take the technical lead to make key decisions
- Monitor machine and process performance, report, influence change and develop solutions
- Interpret and evaluate production down time data
- Lead and participate in PSP (Problem Solving), 8D, Kaizen and PFMEA teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Served a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a 'high volume' manufacturing plant
- An ability to produce manufacturing documentation (standards, drawings, process specification and operating instructions)
- Ability to interpret data and results, to formulate conclusions and recommendations
- A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques, equipment and processes related to High Volume Press Forming and Assembly -.
- Conversant in problem solving techniques and methodologies
- Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement and Quality Tools
- Be confident and ideally be an intermediate / advanced user of Excel (Pivot tables, v-look up etc)
- Experience of PFMEAs (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.