|Job title :||Project Manager|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£45000.00 - £50000 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2493_1624975241|
|Contact name :||Stephen Brauner|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Hours: Monday - Friday, Days
Fixed term until March 31st (9 month FTC)
Syntech Recruitment require an experienced Project Manager to oversee the project management of a large research & development programme, working with aerospace primes and sub-contractors to develop a demonstrator aircraft landing gear component. This ambitious, fast-paced programme brings together design, manufacturing and production expertise to demonstrate the technical and commercial viability of advanced materials.
The role will oversee all aspects of project delivery, co-ordinating in-house and external design and manufacturing teams, as well as liaising with partners and suppliers to develop the industrialisation roadmap to build UK industrial capability. Experience in delivering programmes at component level (rather than sub-system or system-level) is highly advantageous.
Day to day expectations:
- Ensure the successful delivery of the project to meet customer expectations and business objectives
- Act as the prime project interface to customers & suppliers
- Create and maintain the project budget and master schedule and drive through to completion with cross-functional teams
- Create and maintain a Risk Register to identify key project and delivery risk areas; and develop and track mitigating actions for the team
- Negotiate and acquire the necessary resources to achieve the project objectives
- Track and report on progress to plan (time, cost and quality); ensure KPIs are maintained and reported on a regular basis
- Establish and communicate clear priorities among project activities
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues; support frequent project status reviews to customer and Senior Management
- Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies
- Contribute to the development of business processes as the company grows
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Recognised project management qualification
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in a business or technically related discipline
- An additional business, management or science degree would be an advantage
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated experience of working in a relevant technical industry (aerospace, defence, energy and/or ground-based transport development)
- Demonstrable track record of successful project delivery with proven project management ability
- A minimum of 5 years' previous experience in project management
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Experience managing customers both technically and commercially to ensure costs, delivery and quality are clear at all times
- Experience of TRL & MRL raising development programmes
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ECSS
- Experience working from preliminary design through to certification
- Well established R&D business based in Farnborough.
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch