|Job title :||Shipping and Logistics Manager|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2567_1633304926|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Shipping and Logistics Manager
Our client is seeking a Global Shipping and Logistics Manager to join them at their beautiful, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Woking, Surrey.
Working alongside the Procurement Manager, the Shipping and Logistics Manager will be responsible for negotiating and managing the global freight contracts to achieve the best value for money.
This position has a global reach. Freight comes in and out of the UK Hub with most shipments involving the Far East, Europe, USA and India. The current logistic freight spend is approximately £940,000 per annum across air, road and sea freight.
The Shipping and Logistics Manager will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to improve efficiency, productivity, and processes within the shipping department
- Managing daily shipping issues and troubleshoot delays alongside the shipping team
- Manage the export of products and spare parts to our sales offices and global distributors
- Ensure customs and financial compliance in accordance with HMRC regulations
- Creation of import shipment records
- Analyse monthly freight costs with an aim to improve spending
- Review and monitor the performance of logistics partner
- Work with the Finance Director to prepare quarterly discharge forms to be submitted to HMRC for relief from customs duties and VAT and establish a viable mechanism to optimise amounts that can be reclaimed on duties in the UK and USA;
- Be part of the team to consider the feasibility/costing, establishment and if implemented, the operation of a pan European warehouse to distribute our products across Europe.
A Shipping and Logistics Manager will require the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- An experience and approachable manager
- Demonstrable involvement in projects related to logistics optimization and their implementation
- Experience in shipping and distribution sectors, either working in-house for a distributor/manufacturer or managing a team in the freight forward/shipping world
- Have a solid understanding of the global shipping market. Knowledge of air, sea, road shipments and express couriers
- Must have a strong working knowledge of ERP systems
- Be able to identify the correct HS codes for the company's goods and apply them to identify correct Tariff and VAT levels across multiple countries.
- Be familiar with, and able to apply, HS/Commodity codes and the Customs Integrated Tariff System (and UK Government Tariff System).
- Have up to date working knowledge of customs legislation, procedures and documentation concerning export, import, declarations, preferential treatments and Incoterms
What we can offer you:
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Additional Benefits / Package:
* 9am to 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 5pm Friday (36 hrs per week)
* Bupa non-contrib private medical insurance
* Additional production bonus (variable - approx 6% per annum)
* Life insurance
* 24 days holiday + bank holidays
* Free on-site parking
* On-site gym facilities
If you believe you have the skill set we are looking for, please apply immediately and one of our consultants will be in touch very soon to discuss the finer details with you.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this position.