|Job title :||Technical Manager - Industrial Engineering|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + + benefits|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2466_1621942109|
|Contact name :||Nick Biddle|
|Contact email :||email@example.com|
Technical Manager - Industrial Gases
- £35-40k doe
- 25 Days holiday + b/h
- 40 hr week
- Benefits inc Family Bupa
Our client, a small but well-established industrial services company are currently seeking a Technical Manager to provide day to day management of the inspection department and ensure all work is carried out under ISO 17020 accreditation, UKAS and DOT approval.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the correct revision of the company operating procedures and manufacturers documentation.
- Ensure that all work practices are carried out in accordance with the latest Health and Safety regulations and company procedures.
- Ensure any issues effecting Quality are immediately reported to the Operations Manager and BU Operations Director.
- Keep up to date with European directives ADR and TPED, and revisions to test standards
- Keep up to date with DOT regulations including CFR49 and the relevant CGA pamphlets.
- Maintain high levels of quality and zero warranty mentality within the workshops and lead by example on all day to day working matters.
- Prioritise work effectively and efficiently by working to the company core values and build a team ethos.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Inspection Department staff including dealing with routine staff issues and the performance management of staff.
- To complete any other tasks as delegated by the BU Operations Director to suit the needs of the business.
- Ensuring that all new Inspection Department recruits, including apprentices are recruited and interviewed within the guidelines and recruitment policy.
- Ensuring that all new Inspection Department employees are trained and inducted appropriately.
- Ensure the Company standards of Health and Safety are adhered to by all staff within the Inspection Department including the appropriate wearing of PPE.
- Ensuring that technician/staff attendance is regular and identifying and acting upon absences/lateness in line with the company policy.
- Ensuring that monthly Inspection Department meetings take place with employees to encourage feedback on any operational, QA, Health & Safety, and corporate issues.
- Identifying any training needs in liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Complete an annual assessment of Inspection Department staff to ensure continual competence and development of staff
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that all Company rules pertaining to Health and Safety are adhered to, including LOLER, PUWER and COSHH regulations.
- At all times be responsible for the safety of yourself, other workshop staff and visitors, in and around the immediate area of the workshop.
- Ensuring all accidents and injuries are reported and investigated promptly and correctly and that any follow up actions are implemented in a timely way.
Key Skills/Experience & Qualifications:
- A good working and mechanical knowledge of seamless steel, seamless aluminium, and welded steel gas cylinders.
- Understand the requirements of ADR and DOT with regards to pressure testing of Transportable Pressure Equipment.
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Experienced at conducting professional recruitment interviews, carry out thorough and factual investigations and disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Have a good working knowledge of COSHH, LOLER and PUWER regulations.
- Relevant Engineering Degree is essential
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working in a similar role
- Knowledge of engineering
- Knowledge of TPRs (Transportable Pressure Receptacles)
- Knowledge and understanding of H&S
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech are operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.