|Job title :||Industrial Sewer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Gerrards Cross|
|Salary :||£22000.00 - £24000.00 per annum|
|Job Reference :||Syn2281_1599046797|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
· £11.50 to 12.50 per hour
· Excellent benefits
· 37 hour week (Mon to Thurs 8.00 - 17.00 and Fri 8.00 - 12.00)
· Overtime paid at time and a half
Sewing Machinist required to work on high quality aircraft seating. The successful Sewing Machinist is to cut and stitch all fabric and webbing parts required for Aircraft Seat Assembly and survival aid containers
***We are not looking for candidates from the Fashion industry***
Sewing Machinist Responsibilities:
· Make components using the appropriate fabrics from standard template/ patterns and instructions from drawings, including making first off pieces.
· Part mark components and label using ink pad and rubber stamps.
· Cut patterns/templates from drawing prints and when required use templates to cut fabric pieces prior to sewing.
· Monitor imperfections in material or threads or mistakes in patterns or instructions.
· Using drawings and technical / process specifications identify and apply part numbers, drawing issues and surface finishes.
· Use SAP to record work.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
· Able to interpret technical drawings, patterns and specifications
· Basic Computing skills
· Good hand to eye coordination - able to cut templates and fabric accurately using a template
· Understand wefting and weaving techniques
· Simple maintenance of sewing machines- changing needles etc
· Preferable experience of working on industrial sewing machines in a manufacturing environment.
· Previous use of Overlocking, domestic and insutrial machines
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
If you think you have the skills necessary to be a success in this role, please click apply.
For any additional information get in touch