|Job title :||Production Welder and Brazer|
|Contract type :||Permanent|
|Location :||Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary :||£12 - £15 per hour|
|Start date :||ASAP|
|Job Reference :||SYN2121_1572606547|
|Contact name :||James Curtis|
|Contact email :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Production Welder/ Brazer
Our client, a high profile Aerospace manufacturer, are looking for a skilled welder to join their team. The successful candidate will undertake a variety of welding and brazing operations in the assembly of parts or sub-assemblies.
As a Production Welder/ Brazer, you will have key accountabilities for the following:
· To carry out brazing of low temperature silver and high temperature brass work to BS EN:12797:2000 standards.
· To carry out TIG welding of aluminium, stainless steel and mild steel
· Set and operate the spot welder, deburr, polish clean and carry out ball bearing tests on all welding and brazing work.
· To carry out Proof of Concept and other development welding activities as required.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
· £12p/h - £15p/h
· Monday to Friday
· Day shift, 37 hours per week
· Half day finish on Fridays
· Overtime available and paid at 1.5x per hour
· Industry leading pension
Skills & Knowledge for a Production Welder/ Brazer
- Engineering background
- Basic background in H&S policies and procedures / COSHH regulations
- Experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings and their related ADR's
- Able to use Measuring equipment, gas cutters and grinders and Gas Tungsten Arc equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Familiar with engineering hand tools
- BS EN:12797:2000 and AWSD17.1/D17.1M:2010-AMD1 advantageous but not essential
If you feel that you have all of the above competencies, are methodical, accurate and can be a team player as well as a self-starter, then we would love to hear from you. Click 'Apply' today!
You must have unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the UK
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.